Saturday, March 10, 2012

Smoothie Saturday: Groovie Smoothie

It's started innocently enough. A way to help get in my 5 servings of fruits & veggies a day that tasted good and was quick to make (and consume). Portable even, for the on the go gal that I am.

But, it's become so much more.

The smoothies have taken over...can't stop imagining different combinations or looking for recipes to include whatever produce is on sale this week. I've been drinking them almost every day for a week and today I had 2!

But smoothies don't have to be evil calorie filled nightmares made with unfoods like "smoothie mix". They can be groovy harbingers of nutritious love, man. Take the one I had for breakfast - 4 servings of fruits & veggies, live yogurt cultures, protein, fiber, vitamins & minerals galore. Healthy also doesn't mean tasteless and boring...

Smoothies can be bright:
orange, peach, ginger
or decadent:
chocolate, peanut butter, banana
or sexy:
hot pink berry
or adventurously nutritious:
blueberries, collards, ginger
Whatever you like, whatever you have on hand - you can make a smoothie out of it. Oh, and I plan on it! Stay tuned for Smoothie Saturdays - a different smoothie recipe every week. Until I get this eating jag out of my system or my family pries the blender out of my hands. Whichever comes first.

-DK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...