Monday, March 19, 2012

The Crack Heard Round the World

On Saturday, March 10th Whole Foods had it's parmigiano reggiano wheel cracking event and..it..was..AWESOME!

Because of my food geekery, I arrived early to be right up front. Understand that I acted as if this was a celebrity showing up at a local food store. Some of the other shoppers were a little unsure of the strange blonde snapping pics with her iPhone like it was a Hollywood event. 

There was a wonderful store employee giving out samples  of this king of cheese. And an even more wonderful employee with samples of pargiano reggiano crisps! I almost hugged her when she offered me one.


Instead of a long winded narrative about what I saw,
 enjoy the pics and click the video link at the end to see it for yourself!

Wheels are about 100 lbs. each

Official stamp is the only way to be sure it's the real deal


Words cannot describe.....think I'm gonna faint!

Just when I think I have the strangest job, I see this and feel better





1 comment:

  1. Wow, he really had her beat to get that cheese open! Have to admit this was pretty cool to watch

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...