Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Truffled Deviled Eggs

I made another recipe from Chef Anne Burrell's book Cook Like A Rock Star. And found out I like truffles. Great. That'll be a nice, inexpensive ingredient. Darn you Chef Anne!



I found the truffle oil with no problem in Whole foods. I'm cooking my way through her book one recipe at a time without making substitutions. But.....


...the recipe called for actual truffle peelings and truffles were nowhere around the week before Easter. After checking Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and Shoprite with no luck a very informative staffer at Wegman's told my hubby, Monsterfink, that the truffles were coming in in terrible shape so nobody is ordering them for a while. At least we knew to stop searching for them.


This recipe came together very easily - I used an extra tablespoon of truffle oil since I didn't have the peelings. Absolutely delicious - I loved them.

And I found out why my family never has deviled eggs at family functions. They don't like them. Glad I didn't lay out all that money for the peelings.
-DK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...