Saturday, April 14, 2012

Smoothie Saturday: Yogoyummie Smoothie


This is a great after dinner snack smoothie when I realize I've had barely any fruits/veggies all day, virtually no milk and I've eaten almost all my calories. (I've lost 55 lbs so far and only have 10 more to go, but that's a whole post of it's own!)

2 cups kale
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 red apple
2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tsp Splenda Blend
1/4 cup water
3-4 ice cupes

Toss everything but ice in the blender and spin until smooth. Then toss in the ice and do it again. For a little variation, I sometimes throw in a tablespoon of dried goji berries. They add nice red flecks to the green smoothie and since there's also 2 cups of kale in this baby, it's so good for me I can just about fly after drinking it.

Calories: 189
Total fat: 1g
Sat fat: 0g
Carbs: 33g
Protein: 15g
Fiber: 7g

-DK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...