Saturday, May 19, 2012

RTB: Respect The Budget!

Have you noticed how EVERYTHING in the last 2 years has skyrocketed in price? Bad enough my home finances fall victim to this inflation explosion but I'm a foodservice manager by trade. In a healthcare facility. So every time Congress starts talking about cutting medical funding, I get a headache behind my left eye.

Budgets are my life but so is delivering food people actually want to eat. It'd be easy to balance the work food budget by getting cheap food produced quickly and thrown on the plate, but who wants to eat like that?

Serving substandard food would quickly get me out of a job and I've been doing this for 12 years so I've figured out a few techniques to serve 1000 quality meals a day on a budget. Techniques that can be used at home to balance the budget there as well. We can't do a lot about mortgages, utility bills, etc. but the household food budget is infinitely adjustable.

I paid off every credit card (and keep them paid off), don't stress about money and take decent vacations because I'm able to balance my home finances based on my food budget. And if you've seen my other posts, you know I don't exactly starve. And neither does my hubby, Monsterfink, or my little miss AND extended family makes a beeline to my place on holidays 'cause they know the grub is good.

Since the smoothie jag is FINALLY out of my system, the Saturday blog posts that start with RTB will be a cost savings tip, recipe or time management technique to keep you full and financially stable. Stay tuned...

-DK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...