Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review: PB&U - Peanut Butter Restaurant






My daughter and I both love peanut butter so we were very excited when we saw PB&U in the Moorestown Mall in Moorestown, NJ. It's a quick service concept - order at the counter and eat in the provided tables.

Little miss ordered a half PB pizza with chocolate chip and M&M toppings:




While I ordered on of their "creations"...




....peanut butter, banana, bacon and honey.




The pizza was good but would have been very good if there was less peanut butter on it. It was mouth glue-ingly gooey.

The sandwich was less than good. Oh, I know you're thinking I deserved what I got for ordering bacon and peanut butter but I'm a pretty adventurous eater. And being a foodie, I know what goes with what before I put it in my yap.

Bread was ordered toasted on purpose to offset the PB and bananas but it was not toasted to crispness. And like the pizza, there was too much peanut butter. Bananas were not ripe enough and joined the PB and bread to make cement in my mouth. AND THEY DON'T SERVE MILK. Really?! At a peanut butter themed restaurant. No milk. Ok, WHATever. Resorted to diluting the wad with Nantucket Nectar Lemonade.

Worst of all the bacon was undercooked. I was looking for the salty, crisp bacon to play off the sweet honey and creamy banana & PB. But it was chewy and fatty making the whole sandwich an unpleasant texture. This was the second time this week, I had undercooked bacon served to me on a sandwich - ATTENTION! ALL FOODSERVICE PEOPLES...cook the damn bacon or don't serve it at all. Thank you.

Overall rating: Great idea - meh execution.

- DK

1 comment:

  1. What a great concept! Wish there were one in Boston. Your s/w sounded yummy (without the bacon!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...