Friday, June 7, 2013

Lose Weight While Blogging






One one hand, I want to stay healthy and keep off the ton of weight I've lost. On the other hand, I really need to keep track of the household finances which usually reguires a good deal of butt - in - the - home - office - chair time. Enter the busy Mom mantra - find a way to multi task!

The is my cheapass (ahem thrifty) treadmill desk made with a shelf from Home Depot for under $8 and two bungee cords that cost about $2 each. I saw someone do this in a Youtube video a few weeks ago. Genius!

Whole thing took less than a half hour including going to the store.

Drilled a hole in either side of the shelf with a 3/8 whatever the hell bit this is.



Set the shelf on the treadmill and attached the bungee cords.



My bungees were a little too long to be taut but since I'm too damned cheap to buy new ones AND didn't have time to go back to the store, I just knotted them until they were short enough to work. Done and done.

Only issue is that the iPad is too low versus my head / hands to use comfortably when it's sitting right on the shelf. But I put a milk crate on top of the shelf and it's very comfortable right now as I'm blogging about it. Check it:



Like the concrete wall in the background? That's cause my home gym is in the basement. It just looks like I'm blogging from a prison cell block.

Anyways, there's plenty of cheap ways to work in calorie burning movement even while paying bills online. Anytime you get the chance to keep from sitting - take it! You'll have a lot less butt to sit on in the long run.

-DK

2 comments:

  1. Awesome !I enjoy walking outside but to multi-task
    is a great motivator. Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks makin my way. There's never enough hours in the day.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...