Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My new favorite toy!


I love this salt and pepper grinder from Crate & Barrel! It's so rare I find something that is exactly what I want it to be. I knew I wanted a device that not only ground peppercorns but salt too. It had to be electric so it could be used one handed with the "clean" hand while cooking. Adjustable grind size and and easy to refill would be great bonuses.

This little baby delivers every on every one of those details. AND the adjustable grind is a dial, not a click so it adjusts to the exact size needed. I replaced the white sea salt that came in it with Himalyan pink salt from Trader Joes. Oh, the way the pink salt tastes on popcorn...

  
I had been looking for a grinder like this for a while and didn't notice it on the top shelf of the kitchen gadgety section of the store. I'm 5'4 and top shelves thwart me on a regular basis. But my hubby at 6' has no such issues and is an all too willing lackey in my foodventures.

The black part is rubbery so it's non slip and all I have to do it push the silver tab on top one way for salt and the other way for pepper. It's like I've died and gone to a perfectly seasoned heaven.

-DK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...